Steve Castledine March 16 2010 06:18:43 AMI have just released an XPages Multi Select Dialog Picker control on OpenNTF.
The multi-select dialog picker allows you to specify a Lotus Notes View/column based data source, or via an api any list you may choose and return a list of selected values. There is full documentation here. You can also bind to any field for automatic selection and updating of values.
I will write a follow up article on some of the client side coding techniques.
1) The picker can easily be bound to an existing editable field or values returned via api.
2) Allows users to add new values, or via property disallow this function
3)Multiple use on one page.
4) Data can come from existing database, db on existing server, or db on another server
5) Background colors, list height and width, titles etc can be set via properties
6) Extends Dijit.dialog so can be hidden, shown etc using usual dojo api
7)Self contained – so just one custom control to drag and drop (no code or css files to copy as well).
8)Cross browser and XPages Client compatible
- Comments